If you are interested in managing your SEO strategy in-house, our SEO Workshop will prepare you to do just that.
Vestor Logic has always been a “teach to fish” agency which serves us well and benefits the myriad of clients we’ve built custom WordPress websites for over the years. Every one of our design clients is given a few hours of instruction on how to make everyday changes to their site to help them manage their maintenance costs. The same is true for Search Engine Optimization.
Although we are perfectly happy driving the bus for our clients, we’ve always aimed to provide as much of a peek beyond the curtain as possible. After all, our SEO services were born out of a “teach to fish” scenario as well. The CEO of the company that had been driving our SEO strategy for years called one day and said “Tim, I have some bad news. We no longer want to provide your company with SEO services.”
As you might imagine, I was shocked. We were the perfect client I thought. He went on to explain that my skills with SEO had developed over the years and they no longer felt comfortable taking their monthly fee given that I was doing a fair amount of the work myself. So he offered to round out my skills with a 12 week training session.
A handful of years later, I’m making you the same offer.
One-on-One SEO Training
The Vestor Logic team has created a 12 week SEO course, not unlike the one that I benefited from a few years ago, that will allow you to take control of your SEO in-house.
Here’s how it breaks down:
- The cost is $1500
- Weekly sessions are scheduled in advance and last approximately 1 hour each
- Training is provided by Tim Miner, founder of Vestor Logic
- Resources, reference materials, and articles are provided in advance of each lesson
- The goal of the 12 week SEO course is to provide you or a key member of your staff with the knowledge to manage your SEO strategy in-house
- Third party examples are used extensively to illustrate key tactics and functions but the framework for your strategy will be developed as we work through the course
My personal goal is to educate you or a member of your staff on the best practices of search engine optimization so that you can drive the bus yourself. Of course, our team will always be available to you when you need us.
The SEO Workshop Outline
Here is a peek at what we will cover in the 12 week SEO Course:
- Ranking Factors – review the list and discuss how it’s a moving target
- WP controls – screenshare tour of the WordPress SEO controls
- Goal – natural search rank vs social brand awareness
- Funnel navigation – moving traffic where you want it
- Focus keywords
- Internal linking – for readers and spiders
- Keywords – long-tail vs short-tail
- Keywords – broad vs local operator
- Keyword research – tools and process
- Header tags
- Content length and structure
- Optimized images – image search matters
- Meta data – title, description, focus keyword
- Writing keyword rich descriptions – think derivatives and action
- Revisit WP controls – screenshare tour of the WordPress SEO controls
- Themes vs Keywords
- Writing content for themes
- Landing pages – aggregate top evergreen content and target top level keywords
- Using Webmaster Tools to find keywords
- Auditing performance and keywords
- Inbound links
- Social sharing to build links
- Disavow Tool
- Duplicate Content
- Press Releases – leverages co-occurrence and co-citation
- Guest posting – on your site and on other sites
- HTML5 Validation
- Page Speed Testing
- Permalink structure
- Review work completed
- Discuss roadmap for your SEO strategy
Take control of your SEO strategy today
If you’re ready to take control, we’re ready to help you. Let’s set a time to talk about how our 12 Week SEO Workshop can prepare you and your staff for the future.